Even if you are familiar with the benefits of digital marketing and you already have a digital marketing plan in place, it can be hard to keep up with the latest trends. Digital marketing is a measurable and cost-effective way to increase visibility and reach a large audience. But you want to reach your audience. If you haven’t updated your techniques in a while, your efforts may no longer be effective. Since digital marketing is constantly
changing, it helps to stay flexible and adjust your plan as needed.
If you are looking for some ways to spruce up your digital marketing efforts, we recommend incorporating these trends.
1. Pay attention to algorithms. Algorithms are constantly changing, so what worked six months ago may not be effective now. In fact, it’s becoming more difficult to get organic content to the intended audience without specific planning. Search engine results and social media posts have different algorithms that increase views and bring certain traffic to the top of results. Keep track of the algorithms for the different platforms you are using to promote your content.
2. Think about strategic growth. There are many aspects to strategic growth, but one important consideration is the future of privacy regulations and access to customers. As privacy regulations change, it may become more difficult to target audiences. That means it’s even more important to focus on growth through the marketing channels you own, including your website and email marketing. As algorithms change and social media trends come and go, you can have direct access to the customers by sending useful and helpful information straight to their inboxes and providing valuable content on your website.
3. Choose your most relevant channels and go all-in. When it comes to your digital marketing plan, you need to be present where your audience is. This will differ based on your business and your customers. Choose the most relevant platforms and give them your all. Post valuable content, engage regularly with your audience, and spend your efforts where you will achieve the most results. Don’t waste valuable time on platforms that are not beneficial to your business or your audience.
4. Video, video, video! If you are paying attention to algorithms, you know videos are being promoted more than other types of content on many channels. To boost your digital marketing strategy, start adding video to your channels. Keep it short and provide value to your audience. Don’t get overwhelmed with creating video content. A little creativity can go a long way. Remember that videos can be used for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms. Feature informative, educational, or entertaining videos to attract more visitors.
5. Make the most of LinkedIn. LinkedIn continues to grow and it’s a great space for businesses. If you haven’t checked out the LinkedIn features lately, take a fresh look. Active users and engagements continue to increase, and you don’t want your business to be left behind. Start by sprucing up your page and visit the site regularly to increase your LinkedIn presence.
6. Make sure your website is user focused. Your website represents your business, so you want customers to have the best experience possible when visiting. Now is a great time to evaluate your website and make sure it’s fast, updated, and user friendly. Your website should be an accurate reflection of your brand and provide relevant information in a way that is organized and easily accessible. Search engine optimization (SEO) is also changing, so techniques that worked in the past may no longer work. This is yet another reason to remain focused on the user experience.
The key takeaway for current digital marketing trends is to focus on client experience from beginning to end. If you build relationships and listen to what your customers want and don’t want, you can address their paint points and provide them with solutions. Then you will be better equipped to reach them in an effective way.
Try incorporating some of these digital marketing trends. If you feel overwhelmed and have questions, we are here to help. The Social Bullpen can create a custom plan to provide value, not just activity.